"Nowhere Is Safe"
- —Official tagline
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 is the first instalment of a two-part film based on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows written by JK Rowling
- David Yates, who directed the preceding two films, is directing both parts, with Steve Kloves returning to script.
- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" was released on November 19th 2010, the following film "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released on July 15 2011
- The idea to split the films had been around since the middle of 2007, but only really came into serious consideration after producer David Heyman was able to talk to writer Steve kloves when the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike ended and Heyman had Rowling's approval.
- On March 12, 2008, Warner Brothers additionally confirmed that the film would be split into two, to do justice to the book. David Yates, director of Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince returned to direct and Steve Kloves wrote the screenplay. According to Warner Bros. executive Alan .F. Horn it allowed "an extra hour and a half to celebrate what this franchise has been and do justice to all the words and ideas in the amazing story." Heyman described the workings behind the split: "Deathly Hallows is so rich, the story so dense and there is so much that is resolved that, after discussing it with Rowling, we came to the conclusion that two parts were needed." Due to the WGA strike, Kloves was not able to start work on the script until it ended.